- Advise and interpret laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to the certification process to applicants or current employees.
- Process new and renewal applications for a variety of credentials and permits: Administrative, Pupil Personnel Services, Vocational, and Children’s Center Permits, etc.
- Process and maintain Personnel records
- Assist the certificated staff members in making sure that the renewal requirements for their credentials are met.
- Receive and review college and university transcripts to advise on credential eligibility and service authorization
- Update and maintain salary adjustments.
- Update and input personnel data utilizing the Human Resource System (HRS)
- Serve as a liaison between individuals, district administration, Los Angeles County Office of Education, and the Commission on Teacher Preparation and Licensing.
- Advise professionals and personnel staff regarding policies, precedents, work standards and procedures.
- Provide Certificated Substitute Teacher services
- Attend State and County conferences/workshops in order to better serve the District and the
Please be informed: All offers of employment are contingent upon reference checks and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice.
Certificated applications must hold or be eligible for a California credential. Applicants must demonstrate subject matter competency that meets the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) requirement in core subject areas. Certificated employment includes all positions requiring a credential, including: administrators, psychologists, counselors, teachers (K-12 including teachers of students with special needs), headstart and preschool early childhood teachers, adult education teachers, Regional Occupational Program (ROP) teachers, speech pathologists, nurses, and substitute teachers.
Classified applicants initially qualify through a testing process. Includes all support staff including: Accounting, Clerical, Campus Supervision, Food Service, Building Trades, Instructional Assistants, Custodial, Grounds and Technology. Also includes information regarding substitute work for classified positions.